VENUE, DATE and TIME:
Saturday, December 8, 2018
David L. Lawrence Convention Center
11 a.m. – 7 p.m. / 10 a.m. Early Birdie shopping hour
We have a lot of NEW and EXCITING things planned for 2018. Stay connected via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or by joining our email list
HOW DO I APPLY?
Important application info:
- Applications open on June 15, 2018.
- Applications close at 11:59 p.m. on August 12, 2018.
- Late applications will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Applicants will be notified September 21, 2018.
- Stay informed by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter; joining our email list; or visiting our website.
- At this time, food vendors are not permitted to sell at Handmade Arcade. This includes chocolates, honey, and candy. If you have specific questions regarding your products, please ask before you apply at email@example.com.
- $10 non-refundable application fee
- $240 Standard Vendor Space (10-by-10-foot display space with 8-by-2.5-foot table, 2 chairs, and NO set-up restrictions)
- $150 Craft Corridor Vendor Space (6-by-2.5-foot table, 2 chairs, set-up restrictions and application requirements) (see “Craft Corridor at Handmade Arcade” information below)
- Prices subject to change.
Payments must be received by October 12, 2018. If payment is not received by the due date vendor space will be forfeited and offered to a waitlisted applicant. Application fees are non-refundable. Vendor table fees are not refundable after October 31, 2018.
RETURNING IN 2018—Craft Corridor at Handmade Arcade
Craft Corridor at Handmade Arcade
Handmade Arcade is celebrating our grassroots history and mission by offering a new opportunity to EMERGING and RE-EMERGING craft artists with a limited number of smaller tables at the reduced price of $150. Craft Corridor applications will undergo the same jury process as standard full-price vendor applications.
IMPORTANT Craft Corridor set-up details:
- This is a limited display space restricted to a 6-by-2.5-foot table and 2 chairs.
- Additional display restrictions will be sent to accepted vendors.
- Electricity will NOT be available in this section.
Craft Corridor applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You have never been a vendor at a juried craft fair OR you have not been a vendor at a juried craft fair in the last 5 years.
- You are not currently selling your wares in any brick-and-mortar stores.
- You will be part of the Handmade Arcade Street Team which includes distributing posters and postcards and posting to social media.
- You may NOT also apply to Handmade Arcade as a full-priced vendor. Double applicants will be disqualified in both applicant pools.
WHAT KIND OF ITEMS DOES HANDMADE ARCADE ACCEPT?
Handmade Arcade is juried, curated marketplace. Applicants’ products should be handmade, hand-crafted or reflect some degree of personal creation. Mass-produced merchandise is prohibited at all Handmade Arcade events.
HOW DOES THE HANDMADE ARCADE JURY PROCESS WORK?
Every application is reviewed and voted on by our jurors. Every part of your application is important. The jury reviews your product and process description, images, merchandise price and website. Make sure that your images are of the highest quality and that your website is active. If you provide the URL for a shop on Etsy, make sure that it is open and currently offering a representative selection of your merchandise.
WHAT IF I WANT TO APPLY WITH A FRIEND?
- Handmade Arcade encourages you to apply with a friend. The application allows you to apply with a second applicant. Both applicants are reviewed at the same time.
- Make sure that images include at least one image of the second applicant’s wares. The primary applicant is notified by email.
- For the entirety of the event, you and the second applicant will be treated as one vendor and will share the vendor space.
- Set-up needs must be decided and planned before the event date.
- You may not bring products from anyone not listed on your application.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED?
- Application notifications will be sent on September 21, 2018.
- Accepted applicants are required to complete a detailed vendor information form at the time payment is due. Accepted applicants are also required to fill out a vendor survey after the event.
- Accepted applicants will be sent an information package via email and will be included in a private Facebook group to share event details and updates.
- Waitlisted applicants will be notified if a table becomes available.
- If you are not accepted to Handmade Arcade 2018, we encourage you to reapply next year. Due to a busy workload, Handmade Arcade no longer offers vendor critiques.
HOW LARGE IS A STANDARD, FULL-PRICE VENDOR SPACE?
- Each vendor is provided with a 10-by-10-ft. display space.
- Each vendor receives an 8-by-2.5 ft. table and 2 chairs. If you do not need the table or chairs, simply pull them into the walkway during set-up. The DLCC staff will collect unused tables and chairs before the event begins.
- We ask that vendors stay within their assigned space and be courteous of their crafty neighbors.
- If you have racks or other display structures, they MUST fit within the 10-by-10 ft. space.
- You must contain all of your extra merchandise containers within this space.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- Vendors in a standard vendor space are permitted to bring tables, fixtures, grid walls and/or custom display items. All racks and display items must fit within the 10-by-10 ft. space. No exceptions.
- Vendors in the Craft Corridor at Handmade Arcade must adhere to all requirements and restrictions Craft Corridor section above. Details regarding the space requirements will be sent to accepted Craft Corridor Vendors.
- Vendors may NOT tape or hang any items to the wall.
- HA will make every effort to accommodate special requests made on your vendor information form.
- You are not permitted to adhere to, hammer on or lean anything against DLCC property.
- Electricity is available for an added cost of $50. (Electricity not available to Craft Corridor Vendors.)
- Parking costs and any violation fees are the responsibility of the vendor.
- If you need to leave your table during the event, volunteers will be available to watch your booth for a short time. Volunteers are not permitted to sell your wares or purchase food for you. Food lines at the Convention Center can be long. We recommend that you bring food and drinks.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT HANDMADE ARCADE
- Handmade Arcade is celebrating its 14th anniversary.
- Over 10,000 attendees shopped at our event in 2017, bringing in more than $400,000 in vendor sales.
- 187 small, independent art, craft and maker businesses selling wares (66 first-time vendors)
- Admission and all hands-on activities are FREE!
- In 2017, the sold-out exclusive Early Birdie shopping hour (10-11 a.m.) welcomed more than 400 shoppers. Early Birdie tickets cost $20 and include an exclusive shopping hour, as well as a swag bag filled with goodies.
- 8 youth maker scholarships awarded to local high school entrepreneurs.
- 3 middle and high school entrepreneur groups both demonstrating in the Hands-on Handmade activity area and selling in the marketplace.
SOCIAL MEDIA, EMAIL and ONLINE REACH
Handmade Arcade has significant and growing social media presence!
- 10,000+ Facebook followers
- 5,400+ Instagram followers
- 5,300+ Twitter followers
- 5,000+ Email subscribers
- Be sure to upload high-quality, high-resolution photographs that are in focus, and that brings out the best in your products and highlight the materials and methods used and demonstrate originality and the handmade process. If possible, include one photo of your booth set-up in your application. If you are reapplying, use this opportunity to show us something new. Do not use photos that you have submitted in the past.
- A personal website is preferred, but an Etsy store is also acceptable. If you don’t have either, a social media page, such as Flickr, Facebook or a blog is acceptable. Do NOT have your website under construction, or your Etsy store on vacation at any point during the application or jury process. Have plenty of items listed in your store that best depict what you intend to sell.
- A well-written description of your creative process and products is vital to your application.