Handmade Arcade, Pittsburgh’s award-winning independent craft fair, returns on Saturday, December 5, 2015, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Recently featured in BuzzFeed as one of the “35 Indie Craft Fairs Every Creative Person Needs To Visit” (November 2014), Handmade Arcade will showcase more than 150 innovative craft-based artists at the market’s largest
show to date, for its sixth appearance at Downtown’s centrally located and eco-friendly Convention Center.
One of Pittsburgh’s most anticipated annual events, Handmade Arcade offers an authentic, engaging and personal shopping experience in featuring innovative, affordable and hand-crafted products made by some of the country’s top indie crafters, who are all on-site at the event to talk with attendees about their creative process, unique product lines and background. Vendors represent a diverse range of craft media & techniques, and include first-time vendors, high school students, emerging designers and returning established vendors.
WHAT’S NEW? Handmade Arcade has a *AMAZING* treat in store for you in our Early Bird gift bags and for purchase at our welcome table this year. We are so exciting about it that we are keeping it a secret…for now.
Directions and Parking:
Directions to the David L. Convention Center (DLCC) can found on online here.
The DLCC has a large parking lot with a low daily of $12 for the day. There are no in and out privileges for our vendor. Info can be found here.
The three closest garages (within 2-3 blocks) of the Convention Center are:
- Grant Transportation Center (part of Greyhound Bus station): Entrance on Penn Avenue, between 11th Street and 12th Street
- Smithfield Liberty: Entrances on Smithfield between Sixth Ave and Seventh Ave, or on Liberty at Ninth Street
- Ninth and Penn: Entrance on Ninth Street, between Penn and Fort Duquesne Blvd.
For the complete list of free garage and information visit www.pittsburghparking.com.
Shopper Entrance Street Map:
View the shopper entrance street map. Shoppers enter at Street level on the parking garage side of the Convention Center (marked with a red start on the map). Once inside, go upstairs to Hall C.
There are ATMs in the Convention Center and at various locations downtown. Many vendor do take credit card but some do not, if you can, bring both cash and your credit cards.
- Help promote Handmade Arcade! Visit our Media Image page to get various sized web ads and buttons to use on your social media pages.
- Event posters and postcards will be available soon at Wildcard, 4209 Butler Street in Lawrenceville, for you to pick up and distribute in your neighborhood.
- And don’t forget social networking. If you haven’t already, join or like our Facebook and Twitter. And don’t forget to post to our Instagram page at @handmadearcade.