GET CRAFTY WITH US! Be part of a growing group of innovative craft artists, arts organizations and demonstrators at Hands-on Handmade – featuring daylong, half-day and two-hour activities for all ages.
Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, October 14, 2015.
Notification of acceptance will go out by Sunday, October 25, 2015.
Thank you to the MANY vendors who applied to be a part of Handmade Arcade 2015. The planning committee is hard at work organizing and jurying. Notifications to applicants will be sent in early Oct. We are looking forward to another amazing year of talent and fun!
APPLY NOW to be a Handmade Arcade Vendor at our next big event on Saturday, December 5, 2015 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center!
Applications are due by Wednesday, September 2nd.
Accepted vendors and artists notified in Early October.
Details about Vendor applications, Hands-on Handmade applications, up-coming events and more coming soon!
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) for Marketing and Branding Art for Handmade Arcade 2015
Handmade Arcade is currently soliciting proposals for marketing and branding art for Handmade Arcade 2015. Artwork will be submitted to Handmade Arcade to be used as the branding imagery for the 2015 event. Handmade Arcade will use the artwork in promotional materials such as posters, postcards, web elements, advertisements and more as needed.
Download the RFP here.
We are filled with love & admiration for the wildly talented makers who participated in HA:14, our passionate & dedicated volunteers & sponsors who help make the day happen, AND the enthusiastic support from the Pittsburgh community over the past decade. Many more photos to come soon & cheers to 2015, but for now:
WE LOVE YOU PITTSBURGH!
Thank you all for love and support. We can’t wait to see everyone today at HANDMADE ARCADE 2014!
Here is some important information you may need to know:
- Admission is FREE!
- The Vendors are ready for you. You can view a our Vendor Map here to find your favorite vendors or to discover new artists and crafters.
- Directions to the David L. Convention Center (DLCC) can found on online here.
- The DLCC has a large parking lot with a low daily of $10 for the day.
- The garages run by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority will be FREE Saturday, December 6. For the complete list of free garages and information visit www.pittsburghparking.com.
- Visit ParkPGH.org for real time parking garage updates!
- Entrance to Handmade Arcade is through the West Lobby (across the street from the parking garage). View the map here.
- INBOUND FORT PITT TUNNEL WILL BE CLOSED this weekend. Find the detour directions here.
The Organizers of Handmade Arcade want to thank everyone in Pittsburgh and beyond for your support. We work all year long to bring you this event and seeing it come to fruition with the fanfare and excitement makes the long hours well worth it.
ENJOY! AND THANK YOU!
Directions to the David L. Convention Center (DLCC) can found on online here
The DLCC has a large parking lot with a low daily of $10 for the day. There are no in and out privileges for our vendors. Info can be found here.
MAJOR ROAD CLOSURE THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR DRIVE!
Vendors and shoppers who are planning to drive into Pittsburgh from the west on I-376, through the Fort Pitt Tunnel and across the Fort Pitt Bridge into downtown should be advised that the INBOUND FORT PITT TUNNEL WILL BE CLOSED this weekend from 10 p.m. Fri., Dec. 5, through Sunday.
The detour is:
From eastbound I-376 (Parkway West) take the ramp to North US 19/Route 51 West End (Exit 69C)
- Follow northbound Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard)
- Exit towards Route 837
- Stay in right lane to South Route 837/East I-376
- Continue on southbound Route 837 (West Carson Street)
- Take the ramp to East I-376/North I-279 onto the Fort Pitt Bridge
- End detour
Once you’re on the Fort Pitt Bridge , continue into town and toward Convention Center as planned.
The garages run by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority will be FREE Saturday, December 6. (This does NOT include the parking garage at the Convention Center.)
The three closest garages (within 2-3 blocks) of the Convention Center are:
- Grant Transportation Center (part of Greyhound Bus station): Entrance on Penn Avenue, between 11th Street and 12th Street
- Smithfield Liberty: Entrances on Smithfield between Sixth Ave and Seventh Ave, or on Liberty at Ninth Street
- Ninth and Penn: Entrance on Ninth Street, between Penn and Fort Duquesne Blvd.
For the complete list of free garage and information visit www.pittsburghparking.com.
Visit ParkPGH.org for real time parking garage updates!
Providing the sweet jams while you shop + make at Handmade Arcade on Saturday will be Colonel Eagleburger’s Highstepping Goodtime Band and DJs Pandemic, Bad Seed & The Garment District!
Be near the front doors at 1:30 p.m. to enjoy a FESTIVE LIVE performance by Continuum Dance Theater.