We are filled with love & admiration for the wildly talented makers who participated in HA:14, our passionate & dedicated volunteers & sponsors who help make the day happen, AND the enthusiastic support from the Pittsburgh community over the past decade. Many more photos to come soon & cheers to 2015, but for now:
WE LOVE YOU PITTSBURGH!
Wood and Tin Art by Worker Bird
Thank you all for love and support. We can’t wait to see everyone today at HANDMADE ARCADE 2014!
Here is some important information you may need to know:
- Admission is FREE!
- The Vendors are ready for you. You can view a our Vendor Map here to find your favorite vendors or to discover new artists and crafters.
- Directions to the David L. Convention Center (DLCC) can found on online here.
- The DLCC has a large parking lot with a low daily of $10 for the day.
- The garages run by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority will be FREE Saturday, December 6. For the complete list of free garages and information visit www.pittsburghparking.com.
- Visit ParkPGH.org for real time parking garage updates!
- Entrance to Handmade Arcade is through the West Lobby (across the street from the parking garage). View the map here.
- INBOUND FORT PITT TUNNEL WILL BE CLOSED this weekend. Find the detour directions here.
The Organizers of Handmade Arcade want to thank everyone in Pittsburgh and beyond for your support. We work all year long to bring you this event and seeing it come to fruition with the fanfare and excitement makes the long hours well worth it.
ENJOY! AND THANK YOU!
Directions to the David L. Convention Center (DLCC) can found on online here
The DLCC has a large parking lot with a low daily of $10 for the day. There are no in and out privileges for our vendors. Info can be found here.
MAJOR ROAD CLOSURE THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR DRIVE!
Vendors and shoppers who are planning to drive into Pittsburgh from the west on I-376, through the Fort Pitt Tunnel and across the Fort Pitt Bridge into downtown should be advised that the INBOUND FORT PITT TUNNEL WILL BE CLOSED this weekend from 10 p.m. Fri., Dec. 5, through Sunday.
The detour is:
From eastbound I-376 (Parkway West) take the ramp to North US 19/Route 51 West End (Exit 69C)
- Follow northbound Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard)
- Exit towards Route 837
- Stay in right lane to South Route 837/East I-376
- Continue on southbound Route 837 (West Carson Street)
- Take the ramp to East I-376/North I-279 onto the Fort Pitt Bridge
- End detour
Once you’re on the Fort Pitt Bridge , continue into town and toward Convention Center as planned.
The garages run by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority will be FREE Saturday, December 6. (This does NOT include the parking garage at the Convention Center.)
The three closest garages (within 2-3 blocks) of the Convention Center are:
- Grant Transportation Center (part of Greyhound Bus station): Entrance on Penn Avenue, between 11th Street and 12th Street
- Smithfield Liberty: Entrances on Smithfield between Sixth Ave and Seventh Ave, or on Liberty at Ninth Street
- Ninth and Penn: Entrance on Ninth Street, between Penn and Fort Duquesne Blvd.
For the complete list of free garage and information visit www.pittsburghparking.com.
Visit ParkPGH.org for real time parking garage updates!
Providing the sweet jams while you shop + make at Handmade Arcade on Saturday will be Colonel Eagleburger’s Highstepping Goodtime Band and DJs Pandemic, Bad Seed & The Garment District!
Be near the front doors at 1:30 p.m. to enjoy a FESTIVE LIVE performance by Continuum Dance Theater.
Handmade Arcade is grateful for the outpouring of support we received from the Pittsburgh Community this year. A HUGE thank you to:
The Pennsylvania Council on the Arts and the Sprout Fund for your support of our Hands-on Handmade area. Your generous gift allows Handmade Arcade to again bring consumers and creators together for a captivating and educational craft experience.
Our media sponsors Yelp Pittsburgh, NEXT Pittsburgh, the Port Authority and NakYouOut. Your online and print ad coverage of our event helps to get the shoppers to the Convention Center each year.
2014 Partners in Craft:
- Worker Bird for designing our amazing marketing materials this year;
- Modesto Studios for taking Worker Bird’s tin art and creating our annual, limited addition tote bag;
- Commonwealth Press for spreading the word about HA at your craft-tacular events throughout the year;
- WildCard for being HA’s home-base and the best place to get HA items year-round in Pittsburgh;
- Contemporary Craft for your on-going support and Hands-on Handmade participation;
- Pittsburgh Vintage Mixer for your on-going support and Hands-on Handmade participation;
- VIA music festival for getting the word out in early fall about our this year’s event
Our Partners in Green:
This year Handmade Arcade is thrilled to welcome Green Mountain Energy to our event. Having found a permanent home in Pittsburgh’s eco-friendly Convention Center, we welcome vendors and shoppers alike who are are environmentally and socially conscious. A sponsor such as Green Mountain energy is a natural fit. Thank you for your support!
2014 Pin Cushion Sponsors:
2014 Thimble Sponsors:
- Wren & Rita, 222 Mercer Avenue, Munhall, PA 15120
- Go Carr Go
- Evolve, 4030 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
- Pageboy | Salon & Boutique, 3613 Butler St., Pittsburgh, PA 15201
- Spool, email@example.com
- Workbench Studio
- Koolkat Designs
Take the AMAZING wood, tin and nail art from Worker Bird, give it to Modesto Studios to screen print on tote bags and MAGIC happens. LOOK closely at the totes and you will see the SILVER NAILS! Only 50 available for sale at Handmade Arcade 2014 on Saturday, December 6, 2014! Get your limited edition tote bag at the welcome table for only $15.
Tin Art from Worker Bird
Close up of the screen print. Look at the nails!
Final Tote image!
Our 2014 Hands-on Handmade lineup of interactive programming is nearly complete! Once again Handmade Arcade joins craft artists, arts organizations and demonstrators together with consumers for a captivating and educational craft experience. Hands-on Handmade features day-long, half-day and two-hour activities.
11 years and still going strong, Handmade Arcade earned a spot on BuzzFeed.com‘s list of 35 Indie Craft Fairs Every Creative Person Needs To Visit.
Want to avoid the crowds and get first dibs on one-of-a-kind products at Handmade Arcade? Purchase an Early Birdie Pass and enjoy the exclusive opportunity to shop one hour before the event opens to the public. Get your pass here!
Early Birdie pass-holders will get a first look at all of the unique wares, receive 2 tickets for our crafty raffle and a swag bag stuffed with an exclusive Handmade Arcade coffee mug, crafty goodies, coupons and more.
The Early Birdie preview takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. on December 6th. Passes may be purchased for $15 online or at Wildcard boutique, 4209 Butler Street in Lawrenceville.
Only 250 Early Birdie passes will be sold.
Handmade Arcade would like to thank our sponsors. Since 2004, with the on-going generosity of our sponsors, Handmade Arcade has been able to continue to support small, independent businesses and celebrate the DIY / Maker movement in Pittsburgh. Sponsorship opportunities are still available!