Handmade Arcade is spending the weekend at Maker Faire Pittsburgh! Visit our table where you can create your very own custom spin art made from vintage vinyl, repurposed fan motors & junction boxes.
Want to make your own DIY spin-art machine? Download our step-by-step instructions here.
APPLY NOW to be a Handmade Arcade Vendor at our next big event on Saturday, December 5, 2015 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center!
Applications are due by Wednesday, September 2nd.
Accepted vendors and artists notified in Early October.
Details about Vendor applications, Hands-on Handmade applications, up-coming events and more coming soon!
We are filled with love & admiration for the wildly talented makers who participated in HA:14, our passionate & dedicated volunteers & sponsors who help make the day happen, AND the enthusiastic support from the Pittsburgh community over the past decade. Many more photos to come soon & cheers to 2015, but for now:
WE LOVE YOU PITTSBURGH!
Thank you all for love and support. We can’t wait to see everyone today at HANDMADE ARCADE 2014!
Here is some important information you may need to know:
- Admission is FREE!
- The Vendors are ready for you. You can view a our Vendor Map here to find your favorite vendors or to discover new artists and crafters.
- Directions to the David L. Convention Center (DLCC) can found on online here.
- The DLCC has a large parking lot with a low daily of $10 for the day.
- The garages run by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority will be FREE Saturday, December 6. For the complete list of free garages and information visit www.pittsburghparking.com.
- Visit ParkPGH.org for real time parking garage updates!
- Entrance to Handmade Arcade is through the West Lobby (across the street from the parking garage). View the map here.
- INBOUND FORT PITT TUNNEL WILL BE CLOSED this weekend. Find the detour directions here.
The Organizers of Handmade Arcade want to thank everyone in Pittsburgh and beyond for your support. We work all year long to bring you this event and seeing it come to fruition with the fanfare and excitement makes the long hours well worth it.
ENJOY! AND THANK YOU!
Our 2014 Hands-on Handmade lineup of interactive programming is nearly complete! Once again Handmade Arcade joins craft artists, arts organizations and demonstrators together with consumers for a captivating and educational craft experience. Hands-on Handmade features day-long, half-day and two-hour activities.
Don’t miss out on this year’s fun. Mark your calendars with the following dates!
- Sponsorship opportunities NOW available!
- July 16th: Applications for vendors and hands-on handmade artists open
- September 3rd: Applications close
- Early October: Accepted vendors and artists notified
- DECEMBER 6, 2014: HANDMADE ARCADE at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center!
Check out our image gallery from last year’s event.
All photographs taken by the talented Joey Kennedy.
Join us on JULY 11th at the Gallery Crawl in the Cultural District!
Stop by 820 Liberty Ave (next to Pittsburgh Popcorn) for a visit and to make your own DIY masks using recycled materials. Make it, take it — easy and fun!
WHAT A DAY! A day that could not have been possible without the efforts of so many artists and makers, Hands-on Handmaders, sponsors, volunteers, Convention Center staffers, music makers and curators, entertainers, and, of course, shoppers! We are so thankful for everyone who was a part of our massive 10th show. Stay tuned for images of the days events and the announcement of HA:2014’s date!
THANK YOU PITTSBURGH!
Submit your questions for Jessica, Al & Elizabeth today!
Creative Briefs is a podcast for designers and creatives focused on what inspires and motivates people in their fields. Hosts John DeGore & Carl Huelsman of AIGA Pittsburgh create a dialogue between creative professionals, encouraging the design community to help pick the brains of their guests using social media. Suggest topics & questions via Twitter: @CreativeBriefs.